Terminology: Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Approx procedure time: 20-30 minutes
Scheduling time: 2-5 days
Best for: brain, spinal cord and nerves, as well as muscles, ligaments, and tendons.
At The Imaging Center, we will be servicing patients on a 1.5T MRI magnet that has a wide bore opening, which allows for more space and better comfort for patients that have experienced claustrophobia with previous imaging. We are able to shorten scan time for exams with advanced technologies such as SubtleMR. This technology platform improves quality which decreases the time needed for our patients to hold still and reduces challenges our patients may have while in pain or recently injured. Our MRI scanners have additional features such as:
- 70 cm bore provides more space and helps to reduce anxiety
- Smart software to reduce retakes and increase consistency and exam speed
- Digital coil design greatly reduces coil weights and leads to less patient repositioning in many exams
- The ambient light ring on the magnet façade and adjustable, in-bore lighting enhance the openness of the system
- Patient-perceived gradient acoustic noise is reduced by more than 80%
- FlexStream workflow increases system versatility and throughput through better coil and patient management
What should I wear?
Wear comfortable clothing with no metal, including metal in zippers, buttons, and bras with clips or underwire. Clothing made with wicking material (Dry Weave or DryFit) should be avoided. Be prepared to remove all jewelry, body piercings, hair clips or extensions that may contain metal. A locker will be provided for personal belongings, but please consider leaving all unnecessary items at home. To follow MRI Safety for our patients and team members, all patients will be expected to change into MRI safe gowns that we will provide to our patients at The Imaging Center.